Phase 1: Posing Real Questions
My inquiry project is about tea but more focused on pu'er tea.
I know that pu'er tea is specially grown in the Yunnan province. I also know that tea grows on trees and is sometimes used for medical purposes. I learned these things by picking them up in conversation I have with my family and friends. I want to know about the process a pu'er tea leaf goes through from the field to the be ready to drink. Ahead of time before digging deeper, I would need to know some helpful resources to get me started and push me in the right direction. I would also probably need to know some background about the history of pu'er tea in order to understand it better with a deeper meaning.
10 Questions (with possible answers in italics:
1. What types of pu'er tea are there?
2. Out of the different kinds of tea, how many how many of those are grown in Xizhou?
- Many different kinds of tea are grown in Xizhou but this environment is the perfect growing condition for pu'er tea.
3.. How long does it take to make pu'er tea?
4.. Which type of tea is the most popular in Xizhou between the locals?
-pu'er tea because it's their local specialty.
5.. How long does it take for a pu'er tea tree to grow?
- One year.
6. For each type of tea, what are their medical uses?
radiation, weight loss
7. What is pu'er tea's taste and aroma?
- The smell and taste is mild.
New Questions from Phase 3:
1. What kinds of dishes include pu'er tea in them?.
2. Where does the tea horse trail start and end?
3.. What do they trade on the tea horse trail?